NO BAKE MARIE BISCUIT BROWNIES
This Recipe Makes 9 Squares
These No Bake Marie Biscuit Brownies are such a fun & easy treat for those sweet tooth cravings.
Marie Biscuits are basically tea biscuits or cookies that originated in London. Due to the British colonization in South Africa many years ago, this biscuit is also very popular here. Their loved by many & are available at almost any grocer across the country.
Brownies are always a hit in any home & this no bake brownie recipe takes it to a whole new level. Rest assured, if Marie Biscuits aren’t available wherever you may be, you may always substitute it for biscuits/cookies of your choice.
I promise, the entire family will love this brownie. their so easy to make & their oh so good!
No Bake Marie Biscuit Brownies Ingredients:
- 200 grams Marie Biscuits (1 pack)
- 100 grams butter or margarine, room temperature
- ½ cup whole dates (optional)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
- 80 grams milk chocolate
- spraying oil
- 100’s & 1000’s (sprinkles)
- chocolate sprinkles
- Prepare a 22 centimeter square casserole (or one that is of size that will add height to the brownies) by greasing it with spraying oil.
- Next, bring out the dates. These may be omitted if desired.
- Finely chop the dates & set that aside until ready to use.
- Thereafter, bring out the star of this recipe – the Marie Biscuits.
- Place the Marie Biscuits into a plastic bag.
- Use a rolling pin to crush over the biscuits until they’re broken but not too fine as you want them to remain in solid form & not turn into powder.
- Next, add the room temperature butter or margarine to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the butter or margarine in the microwave for ± 30 seconds or until melted.
- To the melted butter or margarine, add in the condensed milk & the golden syrup.
- Add in the cocoa powder.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the marshmallows.
- Now it’s time to add in the chopped dates.
- Give it a mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Throw in the crushed Marie Biscuits.
- Mix well until the biscuits are coated in the mixture. I had to change up bowls as the first one wasn’t large enough.
- Pour the mixture into the greased casserole & use a spatula or the back of a spoon to tightly compress the mixture.
- Set that aside & add the milk chocolate to another microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove & give it a stir. The chocolate should be partially melted.
- Pop the bowl back into the microwave & heat for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave & stir. It should be fully melted. Be sure to melt the chocolate at 30 second intervals at a time, stirring in in-between as this will prevent the chocolate from burning & becoming unusable.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the compressed mixture in the casserole. Use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly.
- Next, bring out some sprinkles if you prefer to top this No Bake Marie Biscuit Brownies with them.
- Add chocolate sprinkles over the melted chocolate (as much or as little as preferred).
- Add 100’s & 1000’s (again, as much or as little as preferred).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until it becomes firm & the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve this No Bake Marie Biscuit Brownies & enjoy.
- Notice the Marie Biscuits leave a cool pattern in these squares which make them even more fun.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy my Fudgy Pecan Brownies.