FUDGY PECAN BROWNIES
This Recipe Makes 16 Squares
Who doesn’t love a good brownie? These Fudgy Pecan Brownies is the ideal treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Brownies can be either fudgy or cakey but I find the cakey ones to just be mini chocolate cakes whereas the fudgy ones are the real deal.
The pecans add a great touch but they can be omitted or substituted with other nuts according to your preference.
Fudgy Pecan Brownies Ingredients:
- 100 grams butter
- 70 grams chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 30 ml cold water
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- First Choice Chocolate & Caramel Dessert Topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a square baking pan with spraying oil & add piece parchment or wax paper horizontally – making sure it is just over the edges. Add another piece of parchment or wax paper vertically, also making sure it is over the edges. This will ensure a easy grip to pick up the brownies off the pan once they are baked. Grease the parchment or wax paper with more spraying oil & set aside.
- Add the instant coffee to a small bowl.
- Pour the water into the coffee.
- Mix well & set aside.
- Add the butter into a microwavable bowl.
- To the bowl of butter, add in the chocolate.
- Pour in the coffee mixture.
- Microwave for 30 seconds & give it a stir. If it isn’t melted, pop it in the microwave for another 30 seconds & stir once more.
- Next, add in the castor sugar.
- Then add in the brown sugar.
- Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Crack in one egg at a time – this will prevent the mixture from curdling.
- First egg.
- Second egg.
- Third egg.
- Thereafter, mix in the salt & vanilla essence.
- Add in the cocoa powder.
- Next, add in the all=purpose flour.
- Fold until the cocoa powder & flour is well incorporated.
- You should have a thick & rich batter.
- Next, add in the pecan nuts. I added them whole but you may chop them up if preferred.
- Gently fold together.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked remove from the oven.
- Pick up the brownie using the excess parchment or wax paper from the pan & place onto a cooling rack to cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, cut them into squares.
- These Fudgy Pecan Brownies may be served as is or you can make them a little more extra by drizzling over some of the First Choice Chocolate & Caramel Dessert Topping.
- Enjoy them as is or with a side of ice cream or whipped cream.
- Stores in an airtight container for up to a week.