HOT MILK CAKE
This Cake Recipe Serves 6-9
This tasty, moist & easy hot milk cake is a perfect treat for all cake lovers.
It is a sponge cake, where butter is melted in some hot milk, so instead of being dry like normal cake batter, this one will be soft & creamy.
If you beat too much air out of your eggs or accidentally over-mix the batter, you’ll still end up with a delicious cake due to the hot milk – this technique helps guarantee success.
Creamy & sweet, this decadent treat is a melty dream come true. Enjoy it as is; with a dusting of icing sugar or pair with your favorite icing!
Hot Milk Cake Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose or cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter + extra for greasing baking pan
- icing sugar for dusting over the cake
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- For this recipe I am using the 24cm OMS baking pan – it has a 3D design which makes the bake so gorgeous.
- Grease the baking pan with butter & set aside. It is a non stick pan but to ensure it comes off easily without breakage, I’ve greased it with butter.
- To a mixing bowl, add in the white granulated sugar, crack in the eggs, add in the egg yolk & vanilla essence.
- Beat together with an electric mixer until it’s pale in colour & has a frothy texture & set aside.
- To another bowl, sift the all-purpose or cake flour, baking powder, salt & milk powder. Mix & set aside.
- To a pot on medium heat, pour in the milk & add in the butter.
- I have used the OMS stainless steel pot for this step – which is non stick also induction friendly.
- Stir until the butter has melted & until bubbles appear at the edge of the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat & allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Fold together until it forms a thick batter.
- Pour the hot milk mixture to the batter.
- Fold together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden.
- The cake is cooked when you poke a toothpick or knife through & it comes out clean without any batter.
- Allow the cake to cool a bit before removing it from the cake pan. Due to the intricate designs, you do not want it to break.
- How stunning is this cake!
- This Hot Milk Cake can be served as is or it can be dusted with some icing (confectionary) sugar or even served with some icing (frosting) – the choice is yours.
- Slice & enjoy.
- This cake is perfect for tea time & is super delicious.