This Cake Recipe Serves 6-9
This cake is rich, moist, soft & perfectly sweetened – just like the kind you get from a baker. Love its light texture, it’s a perfect cake to bring along on any occasion.
She usually serves it plain but I added a touch of my own with drizzled white chocolate & dried rose petals.
Vanilla Cake Ingredients:
- 150 grams butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon yellow food colouring (egg yellow)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose or cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 grams white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- dried rose petals
- Preheat oven to 165° Celsius or 329° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 15x24cm baking pan with spraying oil & set aside.
- Add the butter or margarine to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the castor sugar.
- Cream together using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer.
- Once the mixture is of a creamy texture, crack in one egg.
- Give it a good mix.
- Thereafter, crack in the second egg.
- Mix well.
- Finally, add in the third egg.
- Mix until combined.
- Next, add in the vegetable oil, vanilla essence & yellow food colouring.
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Mix well.
- Add in the flour, salt & baking powder.
- Fold together until it forms a batter, the batter shouldn’t be too thick or too weak.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan,
- Bake in the preheated oven at 165° Celsius for 15 minutes & then 180° Celsius for 40-50 minutes or until the cake is cooked throughout.
- The cake is cooked when you poke a toothpick or knife through & it comes out clean without any batter.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before removing it from the cake pan. It is very fragile so if it is hot, it will break.
- Once the cake has cooled, carefully remove it from the cake pan & onto a serving plate.
- I prefer keeping it bottom side up as it has a much flatter & neater top but this is my preference, feel free to plate it however you prefer.
- My aunt serves this cake as is but I decided to decorate it to make it pop a bit – this step is optional. I’m using Milky bar White Chocolate.
- Break the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil as this will allow the chocolate to create a perfect consistency for dipping or drizzling.
- Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate has melted.
- I’ve spooned the chocolate at the circumference of the cake, allowing some chocolate to drip down the edges.
- Next, I’m using dried rose petals – these can be found at bake stores, simply check online if it’s available near you.
- Sprinkle the petals over the chocolate.
- This Vanilla Cake can be sliced & served.
- It is super moist & delicious – it is going to be a new favourite in your home.