2 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
This Dessert Serves 2-4
This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse will jumpstart your love of mousse! This chocolate mousse is made with just two ingredients, making it a perfect treat that takes only minutes to make. We use cream and chocolate, instead of eggs & butter to create a rich, velvety texture that has some source of protein.
It’s a great recipe for special occasions or of course Valentines Day.
This silken chocolate mousse can be made in your favorite mugs or bowls.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:
- 150 grams milk or dark chocolate
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 375 ml fresh cream
- Flake, chocolate shavings or fruit (optional)
- Break the chocolate into pieces & place into a microwave safe bowl. I’m using Cadbury Milk Chocolate but you may use your favourite.
- To the chocolate, add 125 ml of fresh cream.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until all the chocolate has melted & it forms a ganache. If the chocolate isn’t melted as much, pop it in the microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Set aside to cool.
- To another bowl, pour in the 375 ml of fresh cream.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Pour the cooled chocolate ganache into the bowl of whipped cream.
- Gently fold together until combined.
- At this point the mousse can be piped into serving bowls or simply spooned into them. I used an ice cream scoop to neatly add them into the bowls.
- If spooning them into the bowls, use the back of a spoon to smoothen the tops.
- Top it off with flake or whatever you prefer – this is optional as the mousse can also be served without toppings.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours & serve.