This Recipe Makes ± 20 Pieces
Marshmallow Nougat – you’re probably wondering what this is & well this is just a quicker version of making the delicious Nougat bars.
This confectionery is made with creamy marshmallows & any add in’s of your choice. The original Nougat is made from whipped egg whites & the process is more tedious than this one.
I promise, the entire family will love this candy. their so easy to make & their oh so good!
Marshmallow Nougat Ingredients:
- 200 grams white giant marshmallows
- 60 grams softened butter or margarine
- ½ cup milk powder (Nestle Klim)
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup soft gummies
- spraying oil
- Prepare a square casserole by adding a layer of wax/parchment paper & grease it with spraying oil.
- Next, make sure that the butter is softened at room temperature.
- For this recipe, I am using Giant Braai Marshmallows (which you can find at Food Lover’s Market stores), as I wanted white marshmallows only to make this Nougat. In South Africa, most of the packages usually come with a mixture of white & pink marshmallows & I didn’t want the pink ones to go to waste. Of course, you may add pink ones in as well if you prefer.
- As this choice of marshmallows are quiet big, I snipped them into smaller pieces to make the melting process easier.
- Place a pot or a saucepan on the stovetop on medium-low heat. Add in the butter & allow it to completely melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the marshmallows.
- Give it a mix.
- Allow the marshmallows to melt on medium-low heat whilst stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, add in the milk powder.
- Mix well until combined. The mixture will thicken & become somewhat compressed.
- Turn off the heat & add in whatever you prefer, I have added in almonds.
- I have also added in some soft gummies.
- Mix until combined.
- Plop the mixture into the prepared greased casserole.
- Grease another piece of wax/parchment paper with spraying oil & place it over the mixture. Use your hands to press the mixture down into the casserole & thereafter use a small glass to roll & flatten the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, gently peel off the wax/parchment paper & cut the Marshmallow Nougat into logs & then into smaller pieces if preferred.
- Serve this Marshmallow Nougat & enjoy.
- These Marshmallow Nougat’s can also be wrapped in rice paper.
- Store them in an airtight container or wrap them individually with candy wrappers.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy my Sevens Chocolate Bars Recipe.