This Recipe Makes ± 25 Treats
Simply Wonderful is an Indian sweet meat / dessert that is super easy to make with no cooking required. These are also referred to as Milk Mawa, Doodh Peda, Khara Pera or Milk Ladoo.
This sweet treat is basically a mock of a milk fudge & the ingredients vary according to preference The three main ingredients for this recipe are milk powder, icing (confectionery) sugar & butter. I have added a dash of cardamom powder but you may add other ingredients to amply the taste & texture, but it is entirely up to your taste buds.
If you haven’t tried this delicious sweet meat, then do give it a go. It takes no time at all & they literally melt in your mouth.
Simply Wonderful Ingredients:
- 200 grams butter
- 1 ½ cups sifted icing (confectionery) sugar
- 1 ¾ cups milk powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (elachi) powder
- Firstly, make sure the butter is at room temperature. I have used First Choice butter for this recipe but feel free to use whichever brand – I do not recommend using margarine as the taste will not be the same.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl.
- To the butter, add in sifted icing (confectionery) sugar.
- Cream the butter & the icing (confectionery) sugar using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer.
- Add in the milk powder. I use the Klim brand. (Please refrain from using creamers such as Cremora – only use milk powders).
- The mixture can be left as is, however, I added in some cardamom (elachi) powder. Nuts &/or desiccated coconut may also be added if preffered.
- Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Next, use your hands to knead the dough until it becomes soft with a fondant like texture. The dough should not be sticky.
- Next I used a tablespoon as a guide to scoop the mixture so that it can be almost the same sizes when rolled.
- Roll the portions into a ball using the palm of your hands.
- Continue this process until all the dough has been rolled.
- To make them a bit more fancy, I popped each one of them into mini foil liners.
- Place them into a container.
- At this point they can be decorated with edible beads, glitter or gold/silver leaf. I added silver beads to them.
- Cover them with a lid or cling wrap & refrigerate for at least 1 ½ hours so that they can set.
- Once they have set, these Simply Wonderful’s can be enjoyed.
- They make for delicious Eid or Diwali/Deepavali parcels.
- These sweetmeats are milky & oh so delicious.