This Recipe Makes ± 30 Small Treats
Simply Wonderful is an Indian sweet meat / dessert that is super easy to make with no cooking required. These are also referred to as Milk Mawa, Doodh Peda, Khara Pera or Milk Ladoo.
This sweet treat is basically a mock of a milk fudge & the ingredients vary according to preference The three main ingredients for this recipe are milk powder, icing (confectionery) sugar & butter or butter ghee (clarified butter). I have added a dash of a few other ingredients to amply the taste & texture but it is entirely up to your taste buds.
If you haven’t tried this delicious sweet meat then do give it a go. It takes no time at all & they literally melt in your mouth.
Simply Wonderful Ingredients:
- 250 grams butter / margarine / butter ghee
- 2 cups icing (confectionery) sugar
- 2 ½ cups milk powder
- 1 teaspoon elachi (cardamom) powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup ground almonds or any nuts of your choice
- Firstly, make sure the butter or margarine is at room temperature. I have used butter for this recipe.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl.
- Next, add in the icing (confectionery) sugar.
- Cream the butter & the icing (confectionery) sugar using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer.
- Add in the elachi (cardamom) powder.
- Thereafter, add in the ground almonds & the desiccated coconut.
- Finally, add in the milk powder – I have used Nestle Klim milk powder for this recipe.
- Mix well until combined. If the mixture is too sticky, add in more milk powder or confectionery sugar. I prefer my mixture a little sticky but it should still be manageable to roll.
- Thereafter, line a tray with wax or parchment paper. This tray should be able to fit into the refrigerator.
- Pinch off golf ball sized amounts of the mixture & roll into balls in the palms of your hands.
- Place the balls onto the wax or parchment paper, leaving a gap in between each of them.
- Place the tray into the refrigerator & allow these Simply Wonderful treats to set. It usually takes about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Alternatively, roll them into smaller balls.
- Place these Simply Wonderful balls into small liners.
- Once their all done, you may leave them as is or decorate the top with almonds or nuts of your choice, they may even be rolled into desiccated coconut before placing the balls into the liners or edible dust may be added onto the tops.
- I have added edible silver dust on these Simply Wonderful’s.
- Pop them into the refrigerator to set until firm.
- Once their firm, they should have a fudge like texture.
- Plate & serve.
- They make for delicious Eid or Diwali/Deepavali parcels.
- Store these Simply Wonderful’s in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.