This Sweet Topping Makes 400ml
This recipe for homemade lemon curd is sweet, tart, & silky smooth. The rich & creamy spread is full of bright flavor that’s impossible to resist, especially when paired with fresh fruit, on top of your favorite cake, drizzled over cookies or as a spread for scones, toast & so much more!
If you’ve only ever had the store bought version then you haven’t tasted a proper lemon curd – the homemade version is so much better with a burst of flavour.
Lemon Curd Ingredients:
- zest of 2 lemons
- 60 ml fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cups white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Firstly, bring out the lemons & grate the zest of both lemons into a bowl.
- Next, slice the lemons & squeeze all the juice out – we will need 60 ml of juice for this recipe.
- Add the white granulated sugar & the lemon zest to a pot.
- Use your fingertips to rub the zest into the sugar.
- Add in the egg yolks.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- On medium-low heat, continuously stir until a thick mixture is formed.
- Turn off the heat & add in the cold butter.
- Stir in the butter until it has melted.
- Empty the mixture into a small casserole or bowl.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap, making sure to press firmly onto the lemon curd as this will prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours & then you can enjoy!
- If you love all things lemon then this Lemon Curd is going to be a hit in your home, It can be stored for 1 week in the fridge or frozen for 3 months.