AIR FRIED CHICKEN FAJITAS
This Recipe Serves 2-4
If you love Mexican food as much as I do, then this Air Fried Chicken Fajitas is going to be a regular meal in your kitchen.
They are super easy to make. They can of course be done in the oven but if you have an air fryer, why not make in there? It saves so much of time & it’s an easy clean up.
This meal was actually my very first air fried meal in my spanking new Instant Vortex. Let’s just say, I’m officially hooked on making making meals in my Air Fryer.
I also tried out this new trend from TikTok – it’s the perfect, mess free way of wrapping your tortillas so that all your fillings are intact – this was also my first time trying this & it’s going to be the way I fold my wraps from now on!
Air Fried Chicken Fajitas Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or paprika
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- splash of vegetable oil
- ½ lemon
For The Wrap:
- tortillas (store bough or homemade)
- salsa (store bought or homemade)
- shredded cheese of your choice (I used Gouda)
- sauces of your choice (I used Gorima’s Mexican sauce & Creamy Jalapeño Sauce)
- Rinse & cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
- Peel & sliver the onions.
- Rinse & cut the bell peppers into strips.
- Next, make sure your food tray is in your air fryer basket. There is no need to coat it with any spraying oil.
- Thereafter, add the chicken breast chunks, the slivered onions & the bell pepper strips into the air fryer basket. This can be added to a bowl if you prefer but I find this to be a quicker way with less cleanup.
- Next, add in salt & black pepper.
- Now it’s time to add in the spices. Add in the red chili flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin (jeera) powder, coriander (dhania) powder, turmeric powder, dried parsley, dried sweet basil, chili powder or paprika & the ginger & garlic paste.
- Add a splash of vegetable oil. Cut the lemon into wedges & toss that into the basket.
- Give it a good mix using a wooden spoon as you don’t want to scratch the air fryer basket.
- Plug in your Air Fryer. I am using my Instant Vortex. Press the “Air Fry” button, then press on the “Time” button & adjust the dial to 00:20 (20 minutes). Press on the “Temperature” button & adjust the dial to 191° Celsius. Hit the “Start” button.
- On this Air Fryer, there is an option to change the Celsius to Fahrenheit, simply hold down the “Temperature” button & it will change. If your Air Fryer doesn’t have this feature & you prefer Fahrenheit, turn the dial to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Once the screen indicates “End” allow for the fan to turn off & remove the basket from the air fryer. The chicken is cooked & ready in no time!
- This Air Fried Chicken Fajitas can be enjoyed as is, it can also be served over rice – especially yellow Mexican rice, or in the most common way, in tortillas.
- This is where the TikTok trend comes in. For the wraps, I used store bought tortilla’s but you can also make them if you want to.
- Before getting started on my wrap, I made my homemade salsa, you can purchase this if you’re on the lazy side.
- Thereafter, place a tortilla onto a board & slit it from the middle point to the edge of the tortilla.
- Add some of the Chicken Fajita to one section of the tortilla.
- Add some shredded cheese to another section of the tortilla.
- Next, add some of the salsa to another section.
- Finally, add your sauce/s to another section.
- Take each section of the tortilla & fold it over either in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction until its in a triangular form. It can be eaten as is or it can be taken a step further & get toasted either on a pan or in a sandwich press.
- This Air Fried Chicken Fajitas are so good & they are best eaten whilst hot.