BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
This Recipe Makes ± 18 BBQ Chicken Wings
BBQ Chicken Wings is the ultimate snack that is easily prepared in minutes. If you’re a lover of chicken wings then you’re going to love this recipe.
It can be served as a starter, a snack, a side or even as a meal with some fries (chips). Having movie night soon? This is the ideal snack to have everyone wanting more.
Most people choose to grill their chicken wings in the oven, but I ain’t one of them. I love my wings crisp & juicy at the same time so I ditch the oven & do it old school by frying them. Although it would be a healthier option to grill them, but whose dieting here? Chicken wings were meant for the fryer.
BBQ Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- ± 18 chicken wings
- enough vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- a dash of hot sauce
- ¾ cup bbq sauce
- ½ tablespoon butter
- dried parsley for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- Rinse the chicken wings thoroughly & place into a bowl.
- Add the salt, ground black pepper, chilli powder, lemon juice, hot sauce & ginger & garlic paste to the chicken.
- Mix well.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a pot or deep fryer.
- Once the oil has heated, add in the chicken wings.
- Allow the wings to fry on medium-high heat for approximately 15-20 minutes until golden & crispy.
- Once the wings are golden, carefully remove from the hot oil & drain off excess oil on paper towels.
- In a separate bowl, add in the bbq sauce.
- Add the butter to the bbq sauce.
- Place the bowl into the microwave for about 30 seconds until the butter has melted.
- Mix well.
- Thereafter, drop all the fried chicken wings into the sauce mixture.
- Mix well until all of the chicken wings are fully coated in the sauce.
- Next, plate the BBQ Chicken Wings either on a platter or plate.
- I chose to use a platter, just to make these delicious wings stand out.
- Sprinkle over some dried parsley.
- The BBQ Chicken Wings are all ready to dig in to.
- Enjoy whilst hot.