This Recipe Serves 3-5
Mexican Salsa is spicy yet filled with flavour. This is a quick & easy recipe that will be enjoyed by those who love spicy food.
Salsa is the Mexican, Spanish, Italian, Greek, and Turkish term for sauce. In English-talking nations, salsa for the most part alludes to the sauces of Mexican cooking known as hot salsas or salsas picantes, especially those utilized as dips.
It is a healthy addition to an adjusted eating regimen. The sauces are low in calories & contain practically zero fat. Huge numbers of the ingredients contribute vitamins & minerals. Tomatoes, chillies & cilantro (coriander/dhania) contain vitamins A & C. A few ingredients, similar to tomatoes, contribute potassium & lycopene.
Salsas are poured over eggs, fajitas, fish stews, bubbled potatoes, utilized as dips for tortillas, tacos & breads, & as garnishes for quesadillas, enchiladas or antojitos (snacks).
Mexican Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 green chillies
- Any other hot chillies (optional)
- ½ bunch coriander (cilantro/dhania)
- handful of mixed bell peppers (yellow, green, red)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder (cumin)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ onion
- Roughly cut tomato into smaller chunks.
- Chop onion into smaller chunks.
- Rinse & cut green chillies into smaller pieces.
- If you have any other spicy chillies, you may also incorporate that into this recipe. I have home grown china chillies which is really hot, so I have also added them in.
- Rinse coriander (cilantro/dhania) & set aside.
- Chop bell peppers & set aside.
- Add all the above ingredients to a blender (tomatoes, onions, chillies, bell pepper & coriander).
- Thereafter, add the garlic cloves, sugar, lemon juice, salt, & jeera (cumin) powder.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well combined, leaving it a bit chunky.
- Empty into a bowl & refrigerate until chilled.
- When chilled, serve as is or as a side to other dishes such as quesadillas, enchiladas, gorditas, tortillas, etc.
- This Mexican Salsa may also be served as a dip for nachos.
- Store this Mexican Salsa in the refrigerator for up to a week.