STICKY BBQ LAMB RIBS
This South African Recipe Serves 1-2
These Sticky BBQ Lamb Ribs are easy to prepare, with not much effort, although they do take some time to cook. If you have time on your hands then this is a perfect treat that will end up looking like restaurant quality. It is perfect for date nights, movie nights or party treats.
Lamb ribs are fairly inexpensive but trust me, their super delicious. The BBQ sauce may be omitted for another sauce that suits your preference.
Sticky BBQ Lamb Ribs Ingredients:
- 4 racks of lamb ribs
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Spur’s meat spice to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- ¼ bunch thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- dried parsley for garnishing
- Rinse & place the lamb ribs onto a board.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, Spur’s meat spice & ginger & garlic paste onto the ribs. Rub in coating both sides.
- At this point, preheat the oven to 120° Celsius or 250° Fahrenheit.
- Next, heat the vegetable oil in a pan or skillet. Once the oil is hot, place in the seasoned ribs & the thyme.
- Fry the lamb ribs until it gets a golden charred coating. This step is important in order to get great looking ribs. If this step is skipped, then the end result of your ribs will have a grey look instead of that golden irresistible look.
- Once it’s golden on both sides, remove from heat.
- Place a sheet of foil on an oven tray & thereafter, place the fried ribs over.
- Using the same foil, wrap the ribs, securing it with no openings.
- Place into the preheated oven for 1 ½ hours. Do not remove the foil, leave it to cook untouched. Once done, the meat should be soft & tender.
- Carefully remove the foil & place the ribs directly onto the tray.
- Next, get out the BBQ sauce with a basting brush.
- Brush a thick layer of BBQ sauce onto the ribs.
- Flip the ribs over & brush the other side with sauce as well.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes & remove.
- Brush both sides once more with the BBQ sauce.
- Place into the oven for another 10 minutes & remove. Notice how the sauce becomes one with the lamb ribs.
- Garnish with some dried parsley.
- Serve with chips (fries) & of course more BBQ sauce.
- Enjoy whilst hot.