STERI STUMPIE WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA
This Recipe Makes 2 Medium Bowls Of Panna Cotta
Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Panna Cotta is a quick, delicious & effortless dessert that can be prepared in no time. Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert which is ever so creamy. It is a cream based dessert which has to set in the refrigerator until molded.
I have taken the ordinary Panna Cotta & made it extra lush with the White Chocolate flavour of Steri Stumpies range flavoured milk.
This dessert is best prepared a day in advance, to allow it to set well.
Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Panna Cotta Ingredients:
- 250 ml (1 cup) Steri Stumpie White Chocolate, Thick Plus Flavoured Milk
- 2 ¼ teaspoons (7 grams) gelatin – China grass or agar agar may be substituted for a Halaal or vegetarian friendly version
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- ¼ cup icing (confectionery) sugar, or according to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) dessert or cooking cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder for decorating – optional
- Choice of white chocolate pieces for decorating – optional
- Add the gelatin to a small bowl.
- Cover gelatin with the water & allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes until it crystallizes.
- Place a pot or saucepan on the stove-top on medium heat. Pour in the Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Flavoured Milk.
- Next, pour in the dessert or cooking cream.
- Mix well.
- Add in the icing (confectionery) sugar to the pot or saucepan. Granulated sugar may be used but I find the icing (confectionery) sugar to dissolve much quicker as you do not want to keep this mixture on the heat for too long. The amount of sugar may also be adjusted according to how sweet you prefer this Panna Cotta.
- Mix well.
- Once the mixture reaches a simmer, remove from heat. Do not allow this mixture to come to a boil. If it does reach a boil & becomes too thick, simply add in a little milk at a time, stirring until you reach the runny consistency.
- Give the gelatin a quick mix & add add it to the pot or saucepan.
- Immediately whisk in the gelatin until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve, just to make sure there are no lumps.
- The mixture should be smooth & creamy.
- Pour the mixture into 2 medium ramekins/dessert bowls or 4 small ramekins/dessert bowls.
- Cover with cling/plastic wrap.
- Place into the refrigerator overnight for best results.
- The next day, remove the cling/plastic wrap.
- The cream should be set & almost of a jelly like consistency.
- Sift over some cocoa powder. This Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Panna Cotta may also be topped with chocolate, chocolate shavings or fruity sauces such as berry compote.
- Stick in pieces of white chocolate, optional.
- This Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Panna Cotta is now ready to devour.
- Notice how creamy this Steri Stumpie White Chocolate Panna Cotta is.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week, although their best eaten as soon as their decorated.
- Note: If you want to remove the Panna Cotta from the bowl or ramekin, simply dip the bowl into warm water & use a knife to glide around the edges & then topple the dessert over onto a serving plate.
- If you love Steri Stumpie desserts, be sure to try out the Steri Stumpie Chocolate Malva Pudding.