LAYS CRUMBED CHICKEN STRIPS
This Recipe Serves 2-4
Lays Crumbed Chicken Strips is a perfect snack time treat. This is great for starters or snacks for watching the game together with friends & family. It is super easy to prepare & tastes really good.
These crisps (Lays) can be found throughout the world as it is an international brand. In some countries, Lays may be labelled as Walkers. Any flavour of these crisps may be used to suit your tastes buds. If you don’t have Lays on hand, Doritos may be used as well.
Lays Crumbed Chicken Strips Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 60 grams Lays chips/crisps
- Rinse chicken breast pieces.
- Cut into strips.
- Place chicken strips into a bowl.
- To the chicken, add in the salt, ground black pepper & the garlic powder.
- Mix well & set aside.
- Next, get out the packet of Lays chips.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll over the packet, crushing the chips inside the bag. If you have a bigger bag, you can always remove some & crush only the amount that you will need for this recipe.
- The chips should be crushed.
- In a separate bowl, crack in the eggs.
- Beat the eggs using a fork.
- Place the bowl of chips, the bowl of beaten eggs & a plate next to each other at your workstation. This will make things much easier.
- Dunk one of the chicken strips into the bowl of beaten eggs.
- Thereafter, dunk it into the bowl of crushed Lays chips. Then set the crumbed chicken onto the plate.
- Once the chicken strips are crumbed, set it aside.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep pot for deep frying the Lays Crumbed Chicken Strips.
- When the vegetable oil is hot, gently place in the crumbed chicken. Set the heat to medium as you want the chicken to cook before completely browning the outside.
- Fry for about 6-7 minutes. Do not over crowd the pot as this will lower the temperature & the chicken will not cook properly.
- Once the chicken strips are fried, set onto a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Continue the same process until all the chicken strips are all fried.
- Plate & serve whilst hot.
- These Lays Crumbed Chicken Strips can be served as is with a dipping sauce or put into a tortilla as a wrap.
- It is best to serve these on the same day, as these Lays Crumbed Chicken Strips tend to get chewy & soft the next day due to the Lays chips getting stale because they have been deep fried.
- It is also best to wrap them up in foil if you are making them a few hours in advance, this will allow them to stay fresh.