DORITOS CRUMBED CHICKEN
This Recipe Serves 2-4
Doritos Crumbed Chicken tenders is a fun contort on the typical chicken dish.
These do not possess a flavor like you’re eating Doritos however they have an unequivocal corn enhance that is exceptionally interesting.
Doritos is a brand of seasoned tortilla chips produced since 1964 by Frito-Lay, an entirely claimed auxiliary of PepsiCo. “Doritos” were discharged across the country in 1966, the first tortilla chip to be propelled broadly in the United States. The name derives from the Mexican Spanish doradito, signifying “golden brown“.
Doritos Crumbed Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 bags of 150 grams Doritos of your choice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peri peri seasoning
- 2 eggs
- oil for deep frying
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Rinse chicken breast pieces.
- Cut the breast pieces into bite sized chunks.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Cover the chicken pieces with milk & allow to soak for up to an hour. This allows the chicken to be moist when cooking.
- In the time being, you can prepare the rest. Whip out your bags of Doritos. I used sweet chilli pepper flavour & cheese supreme.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll over the packet, crushing the tortilla chips inside the bag.
- The chips should be crushed. Note, do not mix the flavours as you can coat the chicken separately having two different flavours.
- To a bowl, add in the flour, peri peri seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt & dried mixed herbs.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, crack in the eggs & beat with a fork.
- When an hour has passed for the soaking of the chicken, heat oil in a deep pot.
- Whilst the oil is heating, begin preparing the chicken.
- Remove the chicken chunks from the milk & place into the seasoned flour, coating it well.
- Thereafter, place the floured chicken into the beaten eggs.
- Lastly, coat the wet chicken with the crushed Dorito crumbs.
- Do this until all the chicken has been coated & set aside on a plate.
- Gently place the crumbed chicken into the hot oil, set the heat to medium as you want the chicken to cook before completely browning the outside. Fry for about 6-7 minutes. Do not over crowd the pot as this will lower the temperature & the chicken will not cook properly.
- Once the chicken is fried, set aside on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- The chicken chunks should be moist on the inside & crunchy on the outside.
- These Doritos Crumbed Chicken can be served as is with a dipping sauce or put into a tortilla as I have done.
- I added some coleslaw & topped it with the crumbed chicken.