KFC STYLE COLESLAW
This Recipe Serves 2-4
This KFC Style Coleslaw tastes like the real deal. It is quite easy to prepare & the whole family will enjoy it.
The only bad part about this recipe is that you would have to prepare it in advance as it needs a few hours to rest in the refrigerator in order for all the flavours to blend in.
KFC Style Coleslaw Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots
- ¼ of a large cabbage
- ½ tablespoon icing sugar (confectionery sugar)
- 1 tablespoon white spirit vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Peel, rinse & chop carrots into chunks.
- Roughly chop the cabbage, rinse & set aside.
- Place the chunks of carrots & cabbage into a blender or food processor.
- Pulse it a few times until the carrots & the cabbage is chopped but still a bit chunky just like KFC does it.
- Next, empty the carrots & the cabbage into a bowl & add in the icing sugar & salt.
- Finally add in the lemon juice, vinegar & mayonnaise.
- Mix well combining all the ingredients.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Plate & serve chilled.
- This KFC Style Coleslaw may be stored in the refrigerator & used within 2 days as it will become watery if kept for too long.
- Goes well with almost any meal including roasts, barbecues, braais, in wraps such as Doritos Crumbed Chicken, KFC Style Twister Wrap, KFC Style Popcorn Chicken, or served as is.