This Recipe Serves 2-3
Popcorn Chicken also known as pops, are bite sized chicken pieces, coated & fried until golden. They are tender on the inside & crispy on the outside.
If you have kids then you know that these are a must for them. Although I must admit, these pops are highly addictive for the adults too.
Now you can make these bite sized treats with no fuss at all.
Popcorn Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon dhania powder
- 2 sachets of KFC chilli salt (alternatively use ½ teaspoon regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken spice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Rinse the chicken fillets.
- Dice the chicken fillets into bite sized chunks.
- Place the chunks of chicken into a bowl.
- Pour the milk & vinegar into the bowl of chicken. Alternatively, you may use buttermilk. Allow the chicken to soak in the milk for 30 minutes. This will allow for the chicken to get that moist & tender texture.
- Next, add the flour, salt, cumin (jeera) powder, garam masala, dhania powder, garlic powder, chilli powder, dried mixed herbs red chilli flakes, ground black pepper & the chicken spice to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- When the chicken is done soaking, it’s time to start coating them.
- Take one piece of chicken at a time & dunk it into the flour mixture, making sure to properly coat it.
- Place all the coated chicken chunks onto a plate.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep pot for deep frying. When the oil is hot, carefully drop in the coated chicken chunks.Test the oil by putting in one of the chunks – it should sizzle. Do not over crowd the pot.
- Fry the chicken for ±4 minutes until golden.
- Drain the Popcorn Chicken on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve whilst hot & crispy.
- Goes well with Crunchy Coleslaw. This Popcorn Chicken can also be used to make the Famous Bowl or it may be served as is.