This Recipe Makes 1 Dozen (12) Cupcakes
Banana Cupcakes is a kind of cake produced using mashed up bananas. It is regularly a sodden, sweet, cake-like snappy bread. It can be prepared in various ways. for example, a layer cake, as breads & as cupcakes/muffins. Steamed banana cake is found in Chinese, Indonesian and Vietnamese cooking.
National Banana Bread day is 23 February.
Banana Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 150 grams butter/margarine, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 170 grams castor sugar (¾ cup)
- 2 ripe bananas
- confectionery sugar for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- Add butter/margarine to a pot & put it on medium heat.
- Thereafter, drop in the castor sugar. Mix & allow butter to melt, combining both ingredients.
- Once the butter/margarine has melted & the castor sugar is well combined, switch off the heat & set aside.
- Peel bananas & place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, pour the melted butter & castor sugar mixture into the bowl of bananas.
- Using a masher or a fork, mash up the bananas & combine with the butter mixture.
- Crack in the egg & add in the vanilla essence.
- Beat using a whisk or a fork.
- Next, add in the flour & baking powder.
- Fold well, using a wooden spoon until you get a batter.
- Next, pour in the milk.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Next, line a muffin tray with cupcake liners, this can be omitted but I feel it gives a good look to the cupcakes. I have also sprayed some spray & cook before placing the liners, as this holds them in place.
- Now for the fun part, carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, avoiding any spillage over the ends.
- Place cupcakes into the preheated oven & allow to bake for 35 minutes.
- They should be nice & golden when done.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the muffin tray & place on a cooling rack.
- Serve as is or take it a step further & sift over some confectionery sugar when cooled.
- These Banana Cupcakes can be stored in a airtight container in a cool place for up to a week.
- The inside should be fluffy & moist.