QUICK PASTA SALAD
This Recipe Serves 4-6
This quick pasta salad recipe was always prepared by my aunt. I of course had to find out what ingredients were used to prepare it & was amazed at how simple this salad is. It has a creamy taste to it & is perfect to add on to any dish.
Pasta salad (Pasta fredda) is a dish arranged with at least one or more types of pasta. It is ordinarily served as a starter, side or as a main course.
Quick Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups pasta of your choice – I’ve used pasta shells for this recipe
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs (optional)
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Heat a pot of water. Add salt to taste & allow for the water to boil.
- Once it reaches a boil, add in the pasta & cooking oil. Mix well & allow the pasta to cook for about 10 minutes until al dente (not too hard & not too soft).
- Strain the cooked pasta in a colander.
- Transfer the strained pasta into a bowl/dish.
- Add in the mayonnaise.
- Thereafter add in the condensed milk.
- Mix well until combined & taste if the salad needs more mayonnaise or more condensed milk (use your discretion & your taste buds).
- This step is optional & can be omitted. Add in the mixed dried herbs.
- Mix well.
- Place the salad into the refrigerator & allow to cool for about half an hour.
- Serve chilled as is as a side.
- I have served my Quick Pasta Salad with chicken steaklets & creamed corn.
- It can also be served with roasted chicken, potatoes & Yorkshire pudding.
- Take note that this pasta salad can be prepared with whatever type of pasta you have available. I have also prepared it using elbow macaroni & gnocchi.