SEVENS CHOCOLATE BARS
This Recipe Makes 9 Bars
This chocolate bar consisted of rice krispies or rice puffs, corn flakes, coconut & oats, all smothered in delicious milk chocolate – delicious right!
There are many lovers of this chocolate so I figured why not create your very own whenever the craving hits. It may not be 100% legit but hey this was the closest I could get to my most loved chocolate.
Sevens Chocolate Bars Ingredients:
- 150 grams Cadbury Milk Chocolate (big slab)
- 80 grams Cadbury Milk Chocolate (small slab)
- ⅛ cup milk powder (Klim)
- ½ cup fine desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup rice krispies/rice puffs (unflavoured)
- ½ cup corn flakes
- First off, I got some silicone moulds which I purchased online from Malaysian Cutters. I found them to be very reasonably priced & they deliver throughout South Africa. This mixture can be spooned into a casserole & cut out afterwards but the silicone moulds make them less messy & look so much more presentable.
- Break the 150 grams of Cadbury Milk Chocolate into pieces & place into a microwave safe bowl.
- Pop it into the microwave & heat for 30 seconds.
- Give it a mix, it should be partially melted at this point.
- Put the bowl back into the microwave & heat for another 30 seconds.
- Give it a mix once again.
- It should be melted completely at this point.
- To the bowl of melted chocolate, add in the milk powder.
- Add in the rolled oats.
- Add in the rice krispies or rice puffs – be sure that they aren’t flavoured.
- Thereafter, add in the corn flakes.
- Lastly, add in the desiccated coconut.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are coated in the milk chocolate. The mixture should be thick & clumpy.
- Break the 80 grams of Cadbury Milk Chocolate into pieces & place it into another microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave as done with the first bowl of chocolate until melted throughout.
- Pour the bowl of melted chocolate into the clumpy mixture.
- Mix well until combined.
- Immediately scoop the mixture evenly into the silicone moulds or spread it into a casserole.
- Use the back of a teaspoon the press the mixture into the moulds, allowing to full up any gaps.
- Once all the gaps are filled, place the silicone mould or casserole into the refrigerator for ½ an hour (30 minutes).
- After allowing the chocolate to set in the refrigerator, it should be firm to touch.
- Carefully pop the chocolate bars out of the silicone moulds or cut them into bars if a casserole was used.
- Plate these Sevens Chocolate Bars & enjoy.
- I love recreating recipes & I am actually thrilled that these taste so similar to the Sevens Chocolate Bars.
- These bars can be individually wrapped with foil to keep them fresher for longer & stored in the refrigerator.
- If you love making these types of recipes, you will enjoy making these Nestlé Chocolate Log bars.