CREAMY MUSSEL POT
This Indian Recipe Serves 2-3
This Creamy Mussel Pot is super yum & easy to prepare. If you are a seafood lover then you will definitely enjoy this meal.
Mussels can be purchased fresh from a fish monger or frozen from your local grocer. For this recipe, I have used the frozen mussels & it was ready in no time.
This is a great starter or can even be served as a lunch or dinner.
Creamy Mussel Pot Ingredients:
- 500 grams mussels
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 250 grams fresh cream
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 150 grams butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon white spirit vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Place defrosted or fresh mussels in a bowl.
- Rinse well under running water.
- Pour little water (about 1 cup) into a pot, along with the white spirit vinegar.
- Add the mussels to the water & turn stove on to medium heat.
- Cover the pot with a lid & allow the mussels to steam for 5 minutes.
- Once the mussels have steamed, drain & set aside.
- Add the butter or margarine to another pot.
- Allow the butter or margarine to melt on medium heat.
- Once the butter/margarine has melted, add in the chopped garlic & stir for a minute.
- Next, add in the chili flakes, paprika, oregano, ground black pepper & the lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add in the fresh cream & mix until well combined.
- Add in the mussels & salt to taste. Note: depending on the salt content of the mussels, salt can be omitted.
- Mix well & turn off the heat. Set aside for a few minutes with the lid on so that the cream thickens a bit. If left on the stove for too long, the cream can curdle resulting in tossing the entire dish, so always keep an eye on it.
- Plate & serve with bread rolls. Top with dried parsley.
- I don’t really know how long this Creamy Mussel Pot keeps for on the refrigerator as there were no leftovers.
- Enjoy whilst hot. Tip: heat up your bread rolls as well so you have super soft rolls tucked into this creamy dish.