BUTTERY MASHED POTATOES
This Recipe Serves 2-3
These Buttery Mashed Potatoes are so soft, fluffy & delicious. It is super easy to prepare & is a great side to any meal.
If you struggle with lumpy mashed potatoes then this recipe is a must try. This recipe can also be adjusted by adding in some garlic powder or sour cream to make it a bit extra.
Buttery Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
- 4 potatoes
- salt to taste
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- water as needed
- Get the potatoes out.
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Place the potatoes into a pot of water.
- Bring the pot of water to a boil & allow the potatoes to boil until soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, empty into a colander to drain off the excess water.
- Add the milk & butter into a pouring jug or bowl.
- Microwave the milk & butter for 1 minute or until the butter has melted.
- Mix well.
- Place the strained potatoes into a bowl.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mash the salted potatoes with a smasher or fork.
- Gradually add in a little of the milk & butter liquid to the mashed potatoes.
- Stir & add more liquid in.
- Stop adding liquid when you notice that the potatoes are light & fluffy. Adding too much liquid can cause the potatoes to be runny instead of fluffy.
- Plate & serve hot or cold. The Buttery Mashed Potatoes can be garnished with fresh thyme for that rustic look.
- Serve with your favourite chicken or any other meals.