CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
This Recipe Makes 1 Mug Cake
A chocolate mug cake is a basic cake whereby ingredients are consolidated in a mug to be cooked in the microwave very quickly.
If you’re craving a cake & don’t have the time to prepare & bake one, then this recipe is ideal. It saves you time & is a brilliant idea if you just want one serving. This way you don’t have to trash the remains of the large cake baked in the oven.
Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients:
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- pinch of salt
- confectionery sugar for decorating (optional)
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- In a mug, add all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, cocoa powder) & mix well.
- Thereafter, include the wet ingredients (egg, milk, vanilla essence, butter, oil) & fold together.
- Add in the peanut butter. It will not leave behind a peanut butter taste but rather leave the cake moist. This is my secret ingredient.
- Mix well & you should have a smooth cake batter.
- Next add in the chocolate chips. It isn’t necessary, but if you have it on hand then why not?
- Mix lightly.
- Place the mug into the microwave for 1 minute on high. Keep an eye on it.
- After a minute, you should have a yummy chocolate cake. Now wasn’t that quick?
- You can have it as is or take it a bit further & top it with confectionery sugar. Use a small sifter & lightly coat the top.
- Enjoy whilst it’s hot.
- If you have some time on your hands, you can choose to decorate it with other yummy stuff to make this cake even more delicious. Try toppings like whipped cream with mini marshmallows & edible beads.
- Or melt some chocolate & spread it over the cake & then decorate with edible beads. Chocolate sauce may also be used.