HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
This Recipe Serves 2-4
This delicious homemade chocolate sauce recipe is quick & simple to make. All the ingredients used should be already stocked in the kitchen so it can be prepared at any time.
Chocolate sauce is a chocolate-enhanced topping. It is regularly utilized as a garnish or pastry sauce for different sweets, for example, frozen yogurt, ice-cream, churros & many other desserts. Chocolate sauce is likewise used to top puddings.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 100ml milk or water (I have used milk as this gives the sauce a more creamier texture)
- ¼ cup castor sugar or white granulated sugar (4 tablespoons) – add more if you want a sweeter sauce
- ½ cup cocoa powder (8 tablespoons)
- Heat the milk (or water) in a saucepan or pot.
- Add in the cocoa powder.
- Then add in the sugar & the butter.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
- Once well combined, allow to cool before transferring into another container or bowl.
- The sauce will thicken a bit once cooled.
- This homemade chocolate sauce can also be enjoyed with churros or chocolate brownies.
Tip: This homemade chocolate sauce can be prepared early & left in the refrigerator. Re-heat in the microwave or stove top. It can store for up to one week in the refrigerator.