CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This Recipe Makes ± 24 Biscuits (2 Dozens)
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Biscuits) are baked treats with chocolate chips mixed into the dough.
The original chocolate chip cookies are made with eggs in the mixture to form a cookie dough but I do not like my cookies soft in the center, rather I prefer them crunchy. If you do want the softer version, simply add 2 eggs after creaming the butter & sugar. Also brown sugar is used to create a more cakey texture – switch the icing (confectionery) sugar in this recipe & use brown sugar instead for the softer version.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients:
- 125 grams butter / margarine, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup icing (confectionery) sugar
- ¼ cup corn flour (maziena)
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ⅛ cup milk powder (optional)
- 100 grams chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Make sure the butter / margarine is at room temperature.
- Add it to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the icing (confectionery) sugar.
- Cream the butter / margarine & the icing (confectionery) sugar. This can be done by hand using a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer.
- Add in the vegetable oil.
- Add in the vanilla essence.
- Give it a quick mix.
- Thereafter, add in the all-purpose flour, salt & the bicarbonate of soda.
- Next, add in the corn flour (maziena).
- Thereafter, add in the milk powder – this is optional.
- Roughly mix using a wooden spoon.
- Add in the chocolate chips – I had chocolate chunks on hand but I highly recommend using chocolate chips.
- Next, use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Pinch off a small portion of the dough.
- Roll into balls.
- Place the balls onto a baking tray, lined with parchment/wax paper & then lightly greased with spraying oil.
- Slightly flatten them using your fingers. They may be pressed down more for a flatter & crunchier cookie.
- Bake them for 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180° Celsius.
- Carefully remove the cookies (biscuits) from the hot tray onto a cooling rack & allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Plate & serve.
- These Chocolate Chip Cookies are best served with a tall glass of milk.
- Store these Butter Biscuits in an airtight container for up to a month.
- If you enjoyed these Chocolate Chip Cookies, you may also enjoy these varieties of biscuits (cookies).