This Recipe Serves 2-3
Crunchy Coleslaw otherwise called cole slaw or basically slaw is a plate of veggies comprising principally of finely-chopped cabbage & carrots which are raw & dressed most usually with a vinaigrette dressing. Arranged in this way, it can be stored for up to a month in the event that it is put away in a tightly sealed container. Another approach to make coleslaw is to utilize ingredients that as of now contain vinaigrette. Mayonnaise is additionally normally utilized.
It is regularly filled in as a side dish & can be found in significant fast food chains too.
The expression “coleslaw” emerged in the eighteenth century as an anglicisation of the Dutch expression “koolsla” (“kool” in Dutch sounds like “cole”) signifying “cabbage salad“.
Crunchy Coleslaw Ingredients:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon white spirit vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- ½ green cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (optional)
- Peel, rinse & julienne carrots. Set aside.
- Finely chop cabbage, rinse & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, drop in the the carrots & the cabbage.
- Drop in the mayonnaise.
- Next, add in the sugar & salt.
- Then add in the dried mixed herbs.
- Next, gently pour in the vinegar, followed by the lemon juice.
- Mix well combining all the ingredients. According to taste you may add more ingredients.
- Place into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for ± 3 hours before serving.
- This Crunchy Coleslaw goes well with any meal including roasts, barbecues, braais, in wraps such as Doritos Crumbed Chicken or served as is.