HOW TO KEEP CHEESE FRESH
This Cheese Tip Will Avoid Mold Buildup On Cheese
This tip on how to keep cheese fresh is mostly related to block cheeses.
Cheese ages best when it’s a piece of a large, hermetically sealed wheel. The moment a wedge of cheese is cut from the wheel, it’s presented to oxygen, & from that minute on, the cheese loses moisture—particularly in your refrigerator. Cheese likes moistness, & your refrigerator kind of dries things out.
Have you ever bought cheese in bulk & noticed after a few days, there is mold buildup? Cheese is quite expensive & trashing a whole block of cheese is just ridiculous.
Try these great tips to avoid throwing them away.
- Firstly do not wrap cheese with plastic wrap. It’s anything but difficult to simply toss it in the refrigerator when you return home, however you’re simply choking out the flavor. Likewise, since cheese is for the most part oil & fat, following a couple days it will really begin to go up against the kind of the plastic, which covers the essence of the cheese itself.
- EatMee Recipes brings you this tip on how to keep cheese fresh especially for all you cheese lovers out there.If you have large blocks of cheese, try to divide them into portions you will be using throughout the week.
- Individually wrap each divided block with aluminium foil.
- Once wrapped, toss it in the refrigerator.
- The blocks of cheese which you are not going to get through within the week, place them in the freezer.
- When you are ready to use the frozen cheese, simply defrost them for a couple of hours before use.
- No mold, no fuss…now you can enjoy buying cheese without the thought of trashing them. I hope this tip on how to keep cheese fresh is used daily in your household.
- Fresh cheese makes an incredible cheese sauce.