FLAKY PUFF PASTRY ROTI
This Indian Recipe Makes 9 Roti’s
We all know that roti’s are the simplest of breads to make but somehow not many can get the dough just quite right. What if the dough was already prepared for you? Wouldn’t that just be so much easier? EatMee brings you the fastest & quickest way to prepare fresh buttery & flaky roti’s. This Flaky Puff Pastry Roti is delicious & soft…better than any other form of roti that I have ever tasted.
Puff pastry, otherwise called pâte feuilletée, contains a few layers of fat which is in solid state & is a light & flaky pastry.
Flaky Puff Pastry Roti Ingredients:
- 1kg roll puff pastry
- all purpose flour for sprinkling & rolling
- Make sure the puff pastry roll is defrosted & not frozen.
- Remove the plastic & lay the puff pastry sheet on a floured surface.
- Sprinkle a bit more flour over the pastry.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry as wide as you can.
- Thereafter, begin folding the pastry into a log form.
- Then, divide the log into pieces.
- Take a piece of the puff pastry & roll into a small ball.
- Flour the surface of the counter & then press the ball flat with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle flour over & roll out into a medium sized disc using a rolling pin.
- Do the same for the rest.
- Heat a skillet or tava & place the roti onto it. Do not add any oil or butter.
- You will notice that bubbles will form, watch that the under doesn’t burn. Toast for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Do not coat the roti with any butter or oils as the puff pastry already has a ton of butter.
- Flip over & allow the other side to toast.
- Do the same for the other roti’s.
- Serve hot with curries, chicken tikka or enjoy with a spread of butter.