FRITOS STYLE SWEET CHILLI PASTA CHIPS
This Recipe Makes 128 Grams
If you are on TikTok then I am sure you have heard of the trending pasta chips! The ones that are trending use spices such as garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano & parmesan cheese – I have not tried it that way but since I had Fusilli Pasta in my pantry, I decided to turn them into my own version called Fritos Style Sweet Chilli Pasta Chips – they are basically a mimic of Fritos Sweet Chilli Chips.
Now before you come at me, I know Fritos is made with corn & yes the texture of the pasta chips can’t relate but let me just say I absolutely got the sweet chilli seasoning on point so the flavouring is 100% there. I wasn’t a fan of the pasta chips itself as mine did get a bit charred here & there so always check on them in between to avoid them from becoming burnt.
I do however feel like this seasoning will go well with some potato chips which I’m definitely going to try.
Fritos Style Sweet Chilli Pasta Chips Ingredients:
- 1 cup Fusilli Pasta
- water as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sweet Chilli Seasoning:
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectionery) sugar
- First. get started with the sweet chilli seasoning. Add all the seasoning spices to a bowl.
- Give it a mix & set aside until ready to use.
- For this recipe I am using Fusilli Pasta to mimic the Fritos twists.
- Pour water into a pot & add in salt to taste.
- Bring the water to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Once it reaches a boil, add in the pasta.
- Give it a stir & allow it to boil until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the heat & strain in a colander.
- Transfer the strained pasta to a bowl.
- Add the sweet chilli seasoning to the pasta.
- Pour in the olive oil.
- Toss until the pasta is completely coated in the spices.
- Add the pasta to an air fryer.
- Use a spoon & spread the pasta out evenly.
- I am using my Instant Vortex Air Fryer for this recipe, select the “Air Fry” mode, adjust the “time” to 10 minutes & “temperature” to 180° Celsius. These times may vary so always check on them to prevent them from burning. Give the pasta a toss in between.
- Once done, turn off the air fryer. As you can see, mine did get a bit charred here & there so always adjust the settings accordingly.
- Transfer these Fritos Style Sweet Chilli Pasta Chips to a bowl & serve.
- You may or may not like the texture but the seasoning is delicious!