ROASTED CHICKEN PIECES
This Recipe Serves 2-4
Roasted Chicken Pieces – the quick & simple yet delicious meal that makes for a scrumptious lunch or dinner.
If you love their chicken as much as I do, then this recipe will have eating this meal ever so often. Of Course, you may alter the heat levels to suite your taste buds. I love my chicken a bit on the spicy side.
This is my way of roasting chicken – it can be done whole or in pieces as with this recipe.
Roasted Chicken Pieces Ingredients:
- 1kg chicken pieces or 1 whole chicken, with the skin intact
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder or paprika
- ½ tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ cup (30ml) hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dried parsley
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Cut the whole chicken into pieces, leaving the skin intact. It may also be purchased already cut. If preferred, the chicken may also be left whole with a longer cooking time.
- Rinse the chicken & place into a bowl. The skin may be removed if desired, I keep them intact for a crispier outer chicken, this also prevents the chicken from drying out.
- Use a knife & make a few slits into the chicken. This will allow for the marinade to flavour the chicken throughout.
- Add in the salt & black pepper.
- Add in turmeric powder, coriander (dhania) powder, cumin (jeera) powder, red chili flakes & chili powder or paprika.
- Thereafter, add in the dried sweet basil & dried oregano.
- Next, add in the ginger & garlic paste.
- Finally, add in the hot sauce, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil & the lemon juice.
- Mix well using clean hands.
- Line a baking tray or casserole with foil & drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over the foil. This will prevent the chicken from sticking to the surface.
- Next, place the chicken onto the prepared tray.
- Cut the lemon into wedges & scatter it over the chicken. This helps keep the chicken moist & succulent.
- Top with a little dried parsley (optional).
- Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme over – this is optional but it gives it that added flavour.
- Place the chicken into the oven & roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked throughout, remove from the oven. Set the chicken onto a serving tray or plate & sprinkle over some parsley & red chili flakes.
- Serve this Chicken whilst hot with your favourite sides (Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Livers, Butternut Mash, Fried Butternut Squash, Creamed Spinach).
- The inside of the chicken should be moist & succulent.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you enjoy these Chicken recipes, you may also like these: Mexican Chicken, Peri Peri Chicken.