GREEN BEANS AND POTATO CURRY
This Indian Food Recipe Serves 1-2
Green Beans And Potato Curry is a popular vegetarian dish in most Indian homes. The Indian culture most certainly love their vegetables & this dish is by far the easiest to prepare.
Green beans, otherwise called string beans, or snap beans in the northeastern and western United States, are the unripe leafy foods cases of different cultivars of the regular bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). They are eaten far & wide, & are promoted canned, solidified, & fresh. Green beans are regularly steamed, boiled, curried, stir-fried or prepared in casseroles.
Green Beans And Potato Curry Ingredients:
- 250 grams fresh green beans
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ½ onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 star aniseed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 potato
- salt to taste
- ½ cup peas (optional)
- Rinse green beans & break the ends off on either side (just a tiny bit so that the stems are out). Cut green beans in a diagonal form with a small knife or just simply break the green beans into about 10cm pieces.
- Peel & chop the onions.
- Rinse & chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot on medium-high heat. Add in the chopped onions, star aniseed, bay leaf & cinnamon stick. Mix & allow to sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions are translucent, add in the garam masala, cumin (jeera) powder, coriander (dhania) powder, chili powder, ginger & garlic paste & the curry leaves.
- Mix & allow the spices to simmer for 30 seconds.
- Next, add in the chopped tomato.
- Mix well, cover with a lid & allow the tomatoes to cook for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter, add in the green beans & salt to taste.
- Mix until the green beans are coated in the spices.
- Pour in a little water & give it a quick stir.
- Cover with a lid & allow the green beans to cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel & cut the potato into quarters.
- After 10 minutes, peas may be added if preferred. I’m ditching the peas as I ain’t a lover of them. Add in the potatoes.
- Pour in a little water.
- Mix well.
- Cover with a lid, turn the heat down to low & allow the potatoes to cook until soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, turn off the heat.
- Plate & serve your Green Beans And Potato Curry.
- This dish can be served with bread, roti, rice, puri & many other sides.