SPINACH & FETS PUFFS
This Recipe Makes 12 Medium Puffs
Spinach & Feta Puffs are such an easy savoury to prepare. This recipe uses puff pastry which is baked with the filling.
Homemade puff pastry is always a winner but nowadays everyone needs the easy way out so I have used a store bought puff pastry for this recipe.
Spinach & Feta Puffs Ingredients:
- 400 grams puff pastry
- 200 grams spinach
- 3 blocks feta
- 1 teaspoon baharat spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Firstly, make sure that the puff pastry is defrosted.
- Remove the stems from the spinach & give it a rinse.
- Chop the spinach & set aside in a bowl.
- Crumble the feta using your fingertips & set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wide pan on medium heat & add in the chopped spinach.
- To the spinach, add in the ginger & garlic paste.
- Add in the onion powder, red chili flakes & the Baharat spice.
- Mix well.
- Allow the spinach to cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After 5 minutes, the spinach should be cooked & wilted. Turn off the heat & add in the crumbled feta.
- Mix until the spinach & feta are well combined & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Bring out a medium muffin tray (12 muffins).
- Lightly flour a surface & open out the puff pastry.
- Next, cut the puff pastry into 12 equal squares. I used a square cookie cutter that was the same size of the muffin slots.
- Take each square & place it into the muffin tray.
- Thereafter, spoon the spinach & feta mixture in the center of each puff square.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Carefully remove the Spinach & Feta Puffs from the muffin tray onto a cooling rack.
- This will prevent the bottom of the pastry to become soggy in the muffin tray.
- Plate these delicious Spinach & Feta Puffs & enjoy.
- These are a perfect snack for those meat-free days & will also make for great Diwali & Eid parcels.