BAKED BEANS CURRY
This Indian Recipe Serves 4-5
Baked beans is a dish containing beans, infrequently heated be that as it may, in spite of the name, typically stewed, in a sauce.
Baked Beans Curry Ingredients:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 410 grams (1 can) baked beans
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon jeera (cumin) powder
- ¼ teaspoon dhania powder
- 4-5 green chillies, slit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- fresh dhania (coriander) for garnishing
- Peel & chop the onion. Set aside.
- Rinse & dice tomatoes. Set aside.
- Rinse & slit the chillies. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil. Add in the onions, green chillies & curry leaves.
- Stir & allow to simmer until onions are translucent.
- Thereafter, add in the ginger & garlic paste, chilli powder, jeera (cumin) powder & dhania powder.
- Mix well & simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes.
- Mix & allow the tomatoes to cook until melted.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked, drop in the can of baked beans. I have used the Koo brand.
- Mix well, combining the spices with the beans.
- Add in salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the Baked Beans Curry with fresh dhania (coriander) & serve.
- Goes well with bread, rice or roti.
- Also best served with Kitchari.