MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
This Recipe Serves 5-6
Who doesn’t love a Moist Chocolate Cake? This Moist Chocolate Cake recipe will have you baking it ever so often.
One bite & you’ll see why this velvety beauty is worth making. This cake is so moist & by far the best chocolate cake I’ve ever tasted thanks to my trial & errors in creating this recipe.
Moist Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose or cake flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 50 grams (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup milk
For the topping:
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons milk or fresh cream
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking tin by greasing it with a little spraying oil or butter & set aside.
- Next, add the butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted. Set aside & allow to cool.
- Thereafter, add the all purpose or cake flour, baking powder & the bicarbonate of soda to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the castor sugar.
- Next, add in the cocoa powder & the salt.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients well & set aside whilst we prepare the wet ingredients.
- To a heat resistant bowl, add in the instant coffee granules.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Thereafter, pour in the milk. One large coffee done, don’t drink it though, it’s for the cake!
- Pour the vegetable oil & vanilla essence to the coffee mix.
- Remember the melted butter from the beginning? Add the melted butter to the coffee mix.
- Add in the eggs & mix well until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients (coffee mixture) to the dry ingredients (flour mixture).
- Combine well but do not over mix. It should form a rich & chocolatey cake batter.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.
- Gently stick a skewer or a knife through the cake, if it comes out clean then your Moist Chocolate Cake is ready, if not then allow it to bake for a few minutes longer with supervision.
- Allow the cake to sit in the baking tin for at least 10 minutes before flipping it over. This cake is super moist & fragile so if you remove it from the pan whilst still hot, it will break.
- After 10 minutes, flip the cake over.
- Allow the cake to cool, in the time being, prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Break the chocolate into pieces & add to a microwave safe bowl. I used Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate for this ganache.
- Next, add in the milk or fresh cream.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove & give it a mix until a smooth ganache forms.
- Thereafter, spread the chocolate ganache over the cake.
- Using a big knife, carefully slice the cake into cubes or however you prefer.
- Plate & serve this delicious Moist Chocolate Cake as is or with a side of whipped cream or ice cream.
- Notice how moist the inside of this chocolate cake is.
- Store this Moist Chocolate Cake in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.