DOUGHNUT GLAZE WITH GRANULATED SUGAR
This Glaze Recipe Makes ± 100ml
This Doughnut Glaze With Granulated Sugar recipe does not need powdered/icing/confectionery sugar.
Most glaze recipes include powdered/icing/confectionery sugar but what do you do if you don’t have those on hand? I have personally found the glaze with granulated sugar quite good. The coating is glossy & rich.
Doughnut Glaze With Granulated Sugar Ingredients:
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- In a small pot, add the butter & allow for it to melt on medium heat.
- Thereafter, add in the granulated sugar.
- Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in the milk & bring it to a soft boil.
- Stir constantly to avoid the mixture from becoming too sticky.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 5 minutes.
- If necessary reduce the heat so that the mixture does not burn.
- After it has boiled, remove the pot from the heat & add in the vanilla essence/extract.
- Stir & use immediately to avoid it from becoming hard.
- Can be used for dipping pastries & doughnuts.