This Turkish Recipe Makes ± 20 Pieces
Turkish Delight is a Middle Eastern traditional sweet. It’s consistency is of jelly but much more easier to hold. It is traditionally topped with icing sugar. Modern variations include chocolate & nut toppings.
Turkish Delight Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon pink food coloring
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 450 grams castor sugar
- 25 grams gelatin
- 1 cup water
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup water, castor sugar & gelatin together.
- Bring to a boil.
- When mixture becomes frothy, add the rose water & food coloring & allow to simmer.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan & refrigerate overnight.
- On the following day, cut the refrigerated mixture into squares & dust with icing sugar.
- For all the chocolate lovers, melt chocolate in microwave or stove top & dip squares & allow to set.