SOUTH AFRICAN CHOC-KITS BISCUITS
This Recipe Makes ± 1 Dozen Choc-Kits ( ± 12 Pieces)
South African Choc-Kits Biscuits has been in South African’s households for decades. It is a delicious biscuit (cookie) that is sandwiched with chocolate, making this biscuit super addictive.
If you live outside of South Africa & have never tried these, then now is your chance to get your hands dirty – trust me it will be so worthwhile.
South African Choc-Kits Biscuits Ingredients:
- 250 grams butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 100 grams of chocolate for sandwiching biscuits
- Firstly, preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking tray with cooking spray & dust with a bit of flour & set aside.
- Add the butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the sugar.
- Using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, cream the butter & sugar.
- Next, add in the golden syrup.
- Mix well.
- Thereafter, add in the oats.
- Then add in the desiccated coconut.
- Lastly, add in the flour & bicarbonate of soda.
- Combine all the ingredients together to form a cookie dough.
- Pinch off small pieces of the dough.
- Mold the dough into oval shapes using your fingers.
- Place the ovular shaped dough onto the prepared baking tray. Make sure there is some space between each mold as they will rise when baking.
- Next, using a small knife, make vertical incisions on each of the dough molds.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven & bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Once the biscuits are baked, remove from the oven.
- Transfer the biscuits onto a cooling rack.
- Whilst the biscuits are cooling, chop up the chocolate & place in a microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave. It should be partially melted depending on your microwave.
- Give it a stir & place it back into the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave once more.
- Give it another stir & viola the chocolate is smooth & melted.
- When the biscuits are cooled, take one of them & flip it over.
- Spread a layer of the melted chocolate on the flat side of the biscuit.
- Then, place another biscuit over with the flat side covering the chocolate.
- Continue this process for all until all the Choc-Kits Biscuits are done.
- These biscuits may be served as soon as their sandwiched or you can wait & allow for the chocolate to harden before serving.
- These South African Choc-Kits Biscuits can be enjoyed with a glass of cold milk or some drinks, including Turkish Coffee.
- Store in an airtight container. Keep for up to a week.