RIVIERA CHOCOLATE LUVBITES BISCUITS
This Recipes Makes ± 36 Biscuits
Riviera Chocolate Luvbites Biscuits were created by Kraft Foods & were a hit in South Africa. Growing up in the 90’s, these packs of biscuits (cookies) were always in our home. There are different varieties but the chocolate ones were my favourite.
Unfortunately, these wonder biscuits (cookies) are discontinued & I had to recreate them to satisfy my nostalgia. As it says on the package, these are shortbread biscuits dipped in chocolate.
Riviera Chocolate Luvbites Biscuits Ingredients:
- 250 grams butter or margarine
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectionery sugar)
- 3 tablespoons milk powder
- ½ cup corn flour (maziena)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 160° Celsius or 320° Fahrenheit.
- Make sure the butter or margarine is at room temperature & add it into a mixing bowl.
- Add the icing sugar (confectionery sugar) to the butter or margarine.
- Cream together either using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour in the ½ cup of vegetable oil & the vanilla essence.
- Mix until everything is well combined. Add in the flour & the salt.
- Add in the corn flour (maziena).
- Next, add in the milk powder.
- Thereafter, mix well until it forms a dough. The dough should be soft but should mould between your fingers without being sticky. This is the consistency for piping the biscuits.
- Next, bring out your piping bag with a star nozzle.
- To easily get the dough into the piping bag, simply insert it into a long jar or glass & then add in the dough.
- I on the other hand cannot pipe as much as I have tried so I’ve opted to using a no.12 star nozzle.
- Using my mum’s old trick, I simply add some dough into the nozzle & use my thumb to push out the biscuit dough. Pipe or use this method directly onto a baking tray.
- For this Riviera Chocolate Luvbites Biscuits, pipe 3 times next to each design to form a sort of triangular design.
- Next, pop the tray into the oven & bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the biscuits are baked, remove from the oven & allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- The biscuits need to firm up as they cool & if they are removed from the tray whilst hot, they will break.
- Use a spoon to carefully lift the biscuits off the baking tray & transfer the biscuits onto a cooling rack & allow them to cool completely.
- Once the biscuits are completely cooled, add the chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds & give it a stir. It should be partially melted.
- Place the chocolate back into the microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove & add in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Give it a stir. It should be completely melted.
- Working with one biscuit at a time…
- Turn it over & apply a layer of the melted chocolate to the under side of the biscuit.
- Place the biscuits onto wax/parchment paper for an easy clean up.
- The biscuits can be eaten as is or they can be refrigerated until the chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy these Riviera Chocolate Luvbites Biscuits with a hot cuppa.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.