KASHMIRI CHICKEN GIZZARDS CURRY
This Indian Recipe Serves 2-3
Kashmiri chicken gizzards curry is a simple curry infused with Kashmiri chilli powder. It is quite a recognized meal in the Indian society of South Africa. It is regarded as an offal.
A gizzard is an organ found in the digestive tract of a chicken. Like a stomach, the gizzard is utilized to crush the nourishments the feathered creature eats. Gizzards are viewed as a delicacy in specific societies, & give a solid measurement of specific vitamins & minerals.
A serving of chicken gizzards contains a strong dosage of protein, a supplement important for vitality creation. Protein likewise recharges the cells that make up your muscles & tissues.
A 3.5-ounce serving of chicken gizzards supplies you with 3.19 milligrams of iron and 4.42 milligrams of zinc. Ladies require 18 milligrams of iron and 8 milligrams of zinc every day. Men require 8 milligrams of iron & 11 milligrams of zinc consistently. These supplements bolster a sound insusceptible framework, advance injury recuperating & help in cell division.
Kashmiri Gizzards Curry Ingredients:
- ½ onion, slivered
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 2 ½ tablespoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon dhania powder (coriander powder)
- fresh dhania (coriander)
- 1 tray chicken gizzards
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Wash & clean the gizzard pieces.
- Cut into small pieces if required.
- Slice onions & chop tomato & set aside.
- Heat a medium sized pot.
- Add in cooking oil.
- When oil has heated, drop in the onions.
- Allow the onions to cook.
- Once translucent, add in the garam masala, jeera powder, dhania powder, Kashmiri chilli powder & the ginger & garlic paste.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomato.
- Cook tomato for 5 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Add in the chicken gizzards.
- Cook chicken gizzards until soft & tender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drop in the fresh dhania (coriander) & mix into the curry.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- The curry is cooked when the water has evaporated but not entirely.