BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD
This Recipe Serves 2-3
Butternut squash salad is a light & healthy meal which I have found to be quite fulling.
This is a beautiful & flavorfully distinctive butternut squash salad. It has a mixture of hot & cold which makes it perfect at any time of day. Butternut squash has a marvelous vitamin A substance.
I have to be honest, I was not a salad person & I would have rather had a big unhealthy meal than setting for a salad. I’m glad to report that I’ve created this astounding recipe, which is by far the best salad I have ever tasted.
Butternut Squash Salad Ingredients:
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Fresh lettuce
- Feta cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Spring onion, for garnishing
- Fry the butternut squash. (Click here for the method).
- Wash & chop fresh lettuce, as per how much you require. (I would recommend around 300 grams).
- Season the lettuce with a pinch of salt. (Not a lot as the feta has quite a bit of salt).
- Cut fried butternut into cubes & mix with the lettuce. (The butternut should be hot as this creates the melting taste in the salad).
- Crumble 4 blocks of feta cheese & sprinkle over the butternut squash & lettuce.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve as is with baked potato on the side or left over fried butternut squash.