CHICKEN TIKKA PIZZA IN ELECTRIC PAN
This Recipe Makes 1 Pizza
Chicken Tikka Pizza in electric pan is one of the quickest & easiest ways of cooking a pizza. The electric pan is non-stick & so much easier to clean out afterwards. It cooks the pizza in under 10 minutes.
If you do not have an electric pan, the oven will do. But I highly recommend that you invest in one of these electric pans. It’s great for other dishes as well.
There are a variety of toppings that may be used, but my favourite has got to be chicken tikka topping as it is a bit spicy. The word tikka signifies “bits” or “pieces“.
Chicken tikka is a standout amongst the most well known sustenance from South Asia, where it stays well known in India, Bangladesh, & Pakistan. Here we utilize that South Asian most loved & join it with an Italian & American top choice – Pizza!
Chicken Tikka Pizza In Electric Pan Ingredients:
- 2-3 skinless chicken breast pieces
- 2 teaspoons dhania powder (coriander powder)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Amina’s Chicken Tikka Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups gouda cheese, grated (mozzarella may be used)
- ½ block feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Arrabbiata pasta sauce (any pasta sauce can be used)
- ½ tablespoon Minnie’s chicken tikka sauce (any other chicken tikka sauce may be used)
- 1 pizza base (30cm) – (Click here for homemade pizza base recipe)
- Rinse chicken breast pieces.
- Cut the breast pieces into small cubes.
- Marinate the chicken cubes in Amina’s chicken tikka marinate for atleast an hour. (If you are in a hurry, marinate for up to 15 minutes).
- Heat the butter in a pot on medium high heat.
- Add in the ginger & garlic paste, dhania powder, chicken spice & Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Mix well & then add in the marinated chicken pieces.
- Mix well & cover the pot with a lid & allow the chicken to cook.
- Frequently check on the chicken & make sure it does not burn.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of the dried mixed herbs & salt to taste.
- Stir well. Chicken should be cooked in 15-20 minutes.
- The chicken is cooked when the meat is tender & water has completely evaporated.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Place the pizza base in the electric pan. (Do not switch the electric pan on as yet).
- Apply the layer of pasta sauce using a tablespoon.
- Thereafter, apply the layer of chicken tikka sauce.
- Grate cheese using the smaller grater side as this will allow the cheese to melt faster.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese over the sauce.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces over the cheese.
- Spread over the chopped bell peppers.
- Sprinkle over the remaining 1 ½ cups of grated cheese.
- Switch on the electric pan on low heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid & allow the pizza to cook.
- (For a more crispier base, toast the pizza base a few minutes before adding the toppings).
- Allow the pizza to cook for about 5-7 minutes on low heat.
- Thereafter turn the heat up a notch just for a minute.
- The pizza is ready when the base is cooked & the cheese has melted.
- Remove the lid & sprinkle over the feta cheese cheese (optional).
- Sprinkle over the remaining dried mixed herbs.
- I additionally added a zinger sauce of my own, but you can add on as many sauces/toppings as you prefer.
- Slice & serve hot.