SPINACH & CHEESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
This Recipe Makes 6 Stuffed Mushrooms
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a quick & versatile meal. It can be enjoyed as is or as an appetizer or a side dish to any meal.
If you are a vegetarian, this recipe is sure one to add to your menu.
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Ingredients:
- 1 x 6 pack of Denny Braai Mushrooms (400 grams)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 160° Celsius.
- Get your Denny Braai Mushrooms out – these are the Portabello Mushrooms.
- Carefully remove the packaging.
- Use a paring knife & gently slit the gills off the mushrooms (the overlapping parts). Also remove the stems.
- Give them all a quick rinse under running water. I do not advise to remove the peels off these mushrooms & this is where the most flavour is.
- Place the mushrooms into an oven safe casserole / baking tray, top side up & set aside.
- Grate the cheese of your choice & set aside.
- Chop up the spinach & also set aside into a bowl.
- Peel & finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Next, add the butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Add in the garlic.
- Thereafter, add in the dried or fresh parsley.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted.
- Brush the butter mixture over the mushrooms.
- Gently flip the mushrooms over.
- Brush the butter on this side as well.
- Next, add a little cheese into each of the mushrooms.
- Thereafter, top with the chopped spinach.
- Add the remaining cheese over the spinach.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Note, you may find a lot of liquid in the casserole / baking tray, this is due to the mushrooms & the spinach as they release a lot of liquids whilst cooking. Simply pour out the excess liquid.
- Enjoy these Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms whilst hot.