SOFT GINGER BISCUITS
This Recipe Makes ± 24 Biscuits (2 Dozens)
Soft Ginger Biscuits are so warm & comforting. They are super easy to make & the whole family will love them.
These biscuits (cookies) come in two forms – soft just as this recipe & crispy as with most store bought Ginger Biscuits. I personally love the soft version & with this recipe the ginger isn’t very overpowering, there is a great balance between all the ingredients use.
They are also known to have these amazing cracks after their baked, to get this beautiful finish, make sure the bicarbonate of soda is fresh.
Soft Ginger Biscuits Ingredients:
- 150 grams butter / margarine, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon powder
- ½ cup castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius.
- Make sure the butter / margarine is at room temperature.
- Sift the all purpose flour.
- Add the the butter / margarine to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar.
- Cream the butter / margarine & the brown sugar until well combined. This can be done by hand using a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer.
- Add in the egg, vegetable oil & the honey.
- Mix well.
- Add in the salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, ginger powder & the cinnamon powder.
- Then add in the sifted all purpose flour.
- Roughly mix using a wooden spoon.
- Next, use your hands to bring the dough together.
- To a small bowl, add the castor sugar.
- Pinch off a small portion of the dough.
- Roll into balls.
- Toss the balls into the bowl of castor sugar, one at a time.
- Lay them onto a wax/parchment paper lined baking tray keeping spaces in between them as they will rise a bit.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers.
- Bake them for 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 160° Celsius.
- Once baked, carefully remove them from the oven.
- Carefully remove the biscuits from the hot tray onto a cooling rack & allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Plate & serve with a glass of milk (optional).
- Notice the beautiful cracked tops on these biscuits.
- Store these Soft Ginger Biscuits in an airtight container or in a cookie jar for up to a two weeks.
- If you enjoyed these Soft Ginger Biscuits, you may also enjoy these varieties of biscuits (cookies).