FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER BISCUITS
This Recipe Makes ± 30 Peanut Butter Biscuits
Flourless Peanut Butter Biscuits are so easy to prepare. They can even be made by the kids in no time. The aroma of these biscuits fulls your house with the enriched scent of peanuts.
This recipe does not include flour & yet they are super delicious. I would not recommend this recipe for people that have diabetes as these biscuits are much on the sweeter side. Alternatively, add in other ingredients to this mixture such as desiccated coconut, rolled oats, chopped nuts, etc to cut down the sweetness,
Flourless Peanut Butter Biscuits Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Firstly, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add the sugar to a mixing bowl. I used brown sugar but white sugar can be used as well.
- Next, add the peanut butter to the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, crack in the egg.
- Pour in the vanilla essence to the egg.
- Beat the egg & vanilla essence using a fork.
- Add the beaten egg to the peanut butter & sugar.
- Mix well until a batter forms.
- Prepare a baking tray by sprinkling a little flour or use a spray & bake or a little butter to grease the tray.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon a teaspoon of batter into your palm.
- Roll the batter into a ball.
- Thereafter, place the ball onto the prepared baking tray.
- Continue the process until you fill up the tray, making sure to leave a space in between each ball.
- Use a fork & slightly press down on the ball, it will create linear shapes on the biscuit.
- This will also push the dough down a bit, creating a circular biscuit (cookie).
- Continue doing the same to all the balls.
- You can choose to bake at this point or continue the fork design in the other direction.
- This creates square shapes on the biscuits.
- Continue the same process for all the biscuit discs.
- Place the tray into the oven & bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- When done, remove from the oven. The Flourless Peanut Butter Biscuits may seem tender & unbaked but if you leave them to cool on the baking tray, they will become harder.
- Once cooled, remove from the baking tray & serve.
- Enjoy these aromatic Flourless Peanut Butter Biscuits with a glass of milk, tea or coffee.
- These biscuits store up to a week in an airtight container.