SOFT WHITE BUNS
This Recipe Makes 12 Buns
These Soft White Buns recipe is really simple to prepare, although it does take up some time. They are so fluffy & full of flavour, once you start making them, the time put in will be so worth it.
These buns can be eaten with a variety of meals or as is with a slather of butter.
Soft White Buns Ingredients:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 10 grams instant yeast
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup (5 tablespoons) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour.
- Thereafter, add in the salt.
- Then add in the instant yeast.
- Next, add in the sugar.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, crack in the eggs.
- Beat eggs using a fork & set aside.
- In another microwavable bowl, or measuring jug, pour in the milk.
- Add in the ⅓ cup butter to the milk.
- Microwave the milk & butter for about 30 seconds until the butter has melted. The mixture should be lukewarm as it will help activate the yeast. If the mixture is too hot, allow to cool a bit before using as this will kill the yeast & the buns won’t rise.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the flour mix.
- Thereafter, pour the lukewarm buttery milk into the flour mix.
- Mix well either by hand or with an electric mixer.
- It should form a little sticky dough.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for about 2 minutes until smooth & pliable.
- Place the dough into a clean bowl & rub over some vegetable oil so that the dough doesn’t dry out & become crusty.
- Tightly cover the bowl with cling wrap/plastic wrap & leave aside to rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, notice how the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl & place on a lightly floured surface.
- Press down on the dough & then divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll the 12 pieces individually into balls & place into a greased baking tray. I used spray & bake to grease the pan.
- Cover the tray with a dish towel & set aside for the dough to rest for another 40 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the resting time is up, preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
- After 40 minutes, the dough balls would have risen.
- Place the buns into the preheated oven & bake for 20 minutes until browned.
- You may serve these gorgeous buns as is.
- You can take these Soft White Buns to another level by adding the two tablespoons of butter to a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave the butter until melted.
- Brush the butter over the hot buns.
- Watch these Soft White Buns glaze with all that buttery gloss.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot tea, coffee or cocoa.
- The inside of these buns are super soft & fluffy.
- Store these buns in an airtight container for up to a week.