HEALTHY SAUSAGE PASTA
This Italian Food Recipe Serves 3-5
This Healthy Sausage Pasta recipe is a great light meal. It’s fairly good for those who are on a diet but are still craving that pasta goodness.
Healthy Sausage Pasta Ingredients:
- 2-3 links of sausages
- 1 packet wholewheat penne rigate pasta (500 grams)
- ½ jar Ina Paarman’s Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (400g) – or whichever sauce you prefer
- baby spinach
- feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt for seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ an onion, chopped
- Full a deep pot with water. Place on a stove-top on high heat until water begins to boil.
- Drop in the penne pasta into the boiling water, add salt as per taste & a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir well & drop the heat down to medium.
- Cook pasta for ± 10-15 minutes until tender.
- When pasta is cook, strain in a colander & set aside.
- In a pan, add a little water & place sausage with a lid on, this will steam the sausage making sure it’s cooked throughout.
- Steam for about 15-20 minutes making sure to turn them occasionally.
- Once the sausages have steamed & the water has dried up, notice oils have come out from the sausage, allow them to fry in the same pan with no extra oil added on low heat.
- Once fried, cut into pieces & set aside.
- In another pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil & fry the onions & garlic.
- When cooked, add in the pasta sauce & stir, cooking it for 2 minutes.
- Combine the pasta, pasta sauce & sausages, mixing it gently.
- Add cubes of feta cheese & baby spinach & mix.