MINCE CURRY WITH PEAS
This Indian Recipe Serves 2-4
Mince curry with peas is just one of the many variations that this curry can be prepared. With this recipe you will have a wonderful wholesome meal without a lot of exertion!
This curry is most common in the Indian homes of South Africa & it is super easy to make.
Ground beef/lamb, minced meat, mince, is a ground meat made of beef or lamb that has been finely chopped with a huge blade or a meat processor/meat grinder. It is used in various recipes.
Mince Curry With Peas Ingredients:
- 500 grams ground beef/lamb (mince)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste + additional ½ teaspoon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 2 tablespoons Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 jam/rosa tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- fresh dhania (coriander) for garnishing
- 1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- Chop onion & set aside.
- Chop tomatoes & set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot & add in the onions & curry leaves.
- Once onions are translucent, add in the garam masala, dhania powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder, curry powder, chilli powder & the ginger & garlic paste.
- Mix & allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add a dash of water if the spices tend to stick to the surface of the pot.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well & cook tomatoes on medium heat until soft. (±10 minutes). It should form a nice thick gravy.
- Add in the mince (ground beef/lamb).
- Mix & cook until mince is browned.
- Add in the frozen or fresh peas.
- Mix well & allow the peas to cook until soft but not mushy.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dhania (coriander).
- Serve this Mince Curry With Peas with rice, bread or roti.