This Indian Recipe Serves 3-5
Beef Curry makes for a delicious meal. This dish will make your taste buds tingle with happiness with the blend of fragrant herbs & flavors.
As a supplement dense red meat, beef contains various supplements that are basic to the improvement & support of key capacities in the human body.
In addition, beef gives an outstanding measure of selenium to the eating regimen, a supplement basic to the human cell reinforcement resistance framework.
Beef likewise contains a prominent measure of healthy fats that are imperative to human capacities.
Beef Curry Ingredients:
- 500 grams beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green chilies
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 potatoes
- salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star aniseed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (elachi) powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel (soomph) seeds
- 3 tablespoons chili powder/masala
- 2 teaspoons ginger & garlic paste
- fresh coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Rinse beef, cut into cubes & place into a bowl until ready to use.
- Peel & chop the onions.
- Rinse & slit the green chilies.
- Blend or chop the tomatoes. I prefer blending them as they cook faster & form a thicker gravy.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot on medium heat. Add in the chopped onions, thyme, cumin (jeera) seeds, fennel (soomph) seeds, star aniseeds, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves & the green chilies.
- Mix & allow to sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Thereafter, add in the turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin (jeera) powder, coriander (dhania) powder, cardamom (elachi) powder, chili flakes, chili powder/masala & the ginger & garlic paste.
- Mix & simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add in the cubed beef & salt to taste.
- Mix well, coating the beef thoroughly in the spices.
- Add the curry leaves over the meat.
- Cover with a lid & allow the meat to seal in the spices for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid & give it a stir so that it doesn’t catch onto the surface of the pot.
- Cover with a lid once again & allow it to simmer in the spices for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add in the blended tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Cover with a lid & allow it to cook for 10 minutes without adding any water.
- Thereafter, add water as needed & allow the curry to cook for 30 minutes.
- Next, peel & cut the potatoes into quarters, slitting them with a knife in the middle to allow for them to cook evenly.
- Add the potatoes to the curry.
- Pour in some water, mix well & tuck the potatoes under the gravy.
- Cover with a lid & allow the potatoes to cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Keeping the heat on low will allow the potatoes to soak in the gravy.
- Once the potatoes are soft, turn off the heat & garnish with fresh coriander (dhania).
- This Beef Curry is ready to be plated & served.
- Goes well with rice, roti, bread or pap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.