This Recipe Makes ± 28 Biscuits
These Flake Biscuits / Cookies are simply irresistible. They are a perfect treat any time of day & look very similar to the Cadbury Flake chocolate, hence the name.
Flake Biscuits are molded to look like the Flake chocolate & covered in delicious milk chocolate for that extra richness & finally topped with crumbled Flake. This is also a great bake to gift someone & also perfect for those Eid & Diwali/Deepavali parcels.
Flake Biscuits Ingredients:
- 250 grams butter / margarine, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 Cadbury Flake Chocolates
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ⅛ cups icing sugar (confectionery sugar)
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 80 grams Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Make sure the butter / margarine is at room temperature.
- Add the butter / margarine to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the icing sugar (confectionery sugar).
- Mix the butter / margarine & the icing sugar (confectionery sugar) until smooth & creamy.
- Crack in the egg.
- Mix well.
- Add in the cocoa powder.
- Thereafter, add in the milk powder.
- Mix until well combined.
- Next, using your fingers, crumble one Cadbury Flake Chocolate into the mixture.
- Thereafter, add in the all purpose flour.
- Mix well until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a big sheet of wax paper.
- Place another sheet of wax paper over the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough.
- Make sure not to roll it out too thin. There should be about 5 centimeter thickness.
- Remove the top sheet of wax paper.
- Neaten off the ends with a knife.
- Using the back of a fork, run it vertically down the dough, creating lines.
- Using the width of the Cadbury Flake Chocolate, roughly measure it against the dough & cut out finger sized segments.
- Place another sheet of wax paper or baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Take one of the cut out dough segments & mold it in your hands, similarly as the Flake Chocolate would look. Once shaped, I like to take the fork once again & roughly scrape onto the dough to give it that more crumbly look. Thereafter, place them onto the wax or baking paper in the baking tray.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 180° Celsius.
- Next, place the Flake Biscuits onto a cooling rack & allow them to cool.
- In the time being, if you have more to bake, place them in the oven. Once all the biscuits are cooled then move on to the next step.
- Place the Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate into a heat resistant bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds.
- Using a clean, dry spoon, mix the chocolate.
- If the chocolate still isn’t fully melted, place it back into the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Mix again & this time it should all be melted.
- Next, place some wax paper or news paper under the cooling rack & using a spoon or small pouring glass, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled biscuits. Make sure to drizzle the chocolate in the directions of the engraved lines on the biscuits (vertically).
- Crumble the other flake into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the crumble Flake over the melted chocolate on the biscuits.
- These Flake Biscuits are ready to devour.
- Enjoy them with a hot cuppa or a cold glass of milk, just the way I like them.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.