COCONUT CHOCOLATE SQUARES
This Recipe Makes ± 12 Bite Sized Squares
These bite-size treats look delightful & taste scrumptious as well. The sweet velvety coconut flavor will take these chocolaty treats to another level.
Coconut Chocolate Squares Ingredients:
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Break the milk chocolate slab into pieces & chop them further into halves. This makes the melting process much easier. I have used Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate but you may use whatever brand you prefer. Place the chopped milk chocolate pieces into a microwave safe bowl/dish that is heat resistant. (The bowl/dish should not retain heat). I have used a thick plastic bowl which is heat resistant.
- Microwave the chocolate pieces for 30 seconds & then remove from the microwave & give it a mix using a regular spoon.(Make sure that the spoon is dry as one drop of liquid into the melted chocolate could seize it & make it unusable). The chocolate should be slightly melted at this point after mixing.
- After giving the chocolate a mix, place the bowl/dish back into the microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave once again & mix. At this point it should be thoroughly melted. If not just keep microwaving at small intervals, making sure to always remove & stir the chocolate so that it does not burn.
- If you do not have a microwave, then you can melt the chocolate on the stove-top. Place chocolate in a heat resistant bowl. Set chocolate pieces in the base of your metal or glass bowl, ensuring it’s heat resistant. Bring an inch of water to a boil in your pot. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl. Mix chocolate periodically as it melts. When you have only a couple of little unmelted lumps, expel bowl from the mouth of the pot filled with boiling water. The remaining warmth will soften the rest of the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the desiccated coconut.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut, making sure it is coated with the chocolate.
- Next, you may use the bite-sized cupcake liners or silicone molds & fill them up with spoonful’s of the coconut & chocolate mix. I did not have either on hand, so I actually used a silicone ice cube tray as my mold, so if you have that on hand it’s perfect & inexpensive as well. Molds should be silicone as this will be easier to remove the coconut square. Fill whatever mold you use with this chocolaty mixture.
- Take note that these can be turned into coconut clusters by using mini cupcake liners.
- It may look a bit messy, so you can clean up the edges if you like.
- Thereafter you may sprinkle a bit of desiccated coconut over the chocolate if you prefer.
- Next place the molds, cupcake liners or silicone ice cube tray filled with coconut & chocolate into the refrigerator & chill for about 30 minutes. It should be solid, if not then allow to chill for a few minutes longer.
- If you used cupcake liners, then you can serve them as is but if you used a silicone mold then just carefully pop the Coconut Chocolate Squares out one by one.
- Once all the squares are removed, they are ready to be served.
- They can be served as is or as a side to any dessert, including cake toppings for decor.
- Store the squares in an airtight container & refrigerate. It should store for up to a month.
- See Chocolate Peanut Cluster’s for similar recipe omitting desiccated coconut & using peanuts.